Table of Contents
1 - About
It was invented by Brendan Eich, co-founder of the Mozilla project, the Mozilla Foundation, and the Mozilla Corporation.
- “make it look like Java,”
- “make it easy for beginners,”,
- “make it control almost everything in the Netscape browser.”
2 - Articles Related
3 - (Grammar|Syntax)
|Type||Static typing and strong type checking||free-form language|
|Object Model||class-based||prototype-based||The prototype-based model provides dynamic inheritance; that is, what is inherited can vary for individual objects.|
|Instances of||Class||Object||A typical object inherits properties (including methods) from Object.prototype, although these properties may be shadowed (a.k.a. overridden).|
|Functions||Non declarative requirements||Functions can be properties of objects, executing as loosely typed methods.|
5 - Support
5.1 - Cannot be resolved to a type
- Error : …cannot be resolved to a type
- Answer : You need to have the class that provides the type in your classpath.
Make sure your code is
<% new MyClass*()*.myMethod() %> instead of <% new MyClass.myMethod() %>
It's a common mistake.