OBIEE - The relative path fmap
1 - About
fmap is a shortcut to refer to the image loaded in the memory of the OBI Presentation Server. And then not of the application server..
This images are loaded during the initialization of the server and are located in the style path:
- 10G: OracleBIData_Home\web\res\your_style
- 11G: Oracle_BI_HOME\bifoundation\web\app\res\your_style
The paths are dependent of your configuration.
It's used to prevent a cross-site scripting (XSS).
2 - Articles Related
3 - Example
If you have a image located here (and also exposed in the application or web server)
- 10g: OracleBIData_Home\web\res\your_style\mydirectory\myimage.jpg
- 11g: Oracle_BI_HOME\bifoundation\web\app\res\your_style\mydirectory\myimage.jpg
- Since 220.127.116.11.0, the fmap location is CustomerResourcePhysicalPath\myStyle\. Example after following this article: fmw_home/instances/instance1/bifoundation/OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent/coreapplication_obips1/analyticsRes/res/s_myName/mydirectory/myimage.jpg
You must refer to it in OBI Presentation service as :
You must restart the BI Presentation Service in order to make your skin files available to fmap.