BOBJ Getting Started
Table of Contents
1 - Tutorial
The most problem with Business Object is to find good tutorial to start. The key word to find tutorial on BOBJ is “Getting Started”.
You can find this kind of document :
2 - Which product to start
- SAP BO - InfoView : The Infoview User Guide in the start menu is a good documentation
- Desktop Intelligence : see the product guide (xi3_desktop_intelligence_access_and_analysis_guide_en.pdf)
- Business Object - Universe Designer : see the product guide (xi3_designer_en.pdf)
- Dashboard and Analytics : see the product guide (xi3_getting_started_creating_dashboards_en.pdf)
- Voyager : see the product guide (xi3_voyager_adminguide_en.pdf and xi3_voyager_userguide_en.pdf)
3 - Demo materials and samples
Demonstration databases built with Microsoft Access 2000, universes and sample reports are included in the Desktop Intelligence demo kit (installed by default).
There are two demonstration SAP BOBJ - Universe :
- Island Resorts Marketing
- and eFashion.
The examples that you can find in the user's guides are based on them.
3.1 - Island Resorts Marketing - Club database
The Club database is used by the sales manager of the fictitious business, Island Resorts, to perform sales and marketing analysis. You can find the database file, Club.mdb, in the Databases subfolder in the Business Objects installation path.
3.2 - efashion
The efashion database is also shipped with this release. This MS Access 2000 database tracks 211 products (663 product color variations), sold over 13 stores (12 US, 1 in Canada), over 3 years.
The database contains: