This article talk about the configuration of the smtp mail server of Oracle BI Scheduler. To set up the smtp server, you must enter at least this information as :
* the sender address
* the smtp server
* the smtp port
===== The smtp parameters =====
==== Secure or no secure stmp ====
When you want to set up the smtp server for a computer which move from one network to a another, the smtp server must be a secure SMTP.
Because to fight against SPAM, you are often only permitted to send a mail against a non secure SMTP from your network.
For instance, :
* the smtp of your internet home supplier if you are at home
* the smtp of your internet company supplier if you are in your company
If you don’t know your secure smtp port, a simple search on Google will give you all this details or best, you can go on your provider website.
Example on my provider web site :
Search on google :
* [[http://www.google.nl/search?q=smtp+ssl+aol+port|Smtp Ssl Aol]]
* [[http://www.google.nl/search?q=smtp+ssl+orange+port|Smtp Ssl Orange]]
==== Verify your smtp parameters ====
We will use this parameters for this article :
* smtp server : smtp.xs4all.nl
* port TLS : 587
* Login : login
* Password : password
* Sender : [email protected]
It is the smtp parameters of my company but my laptop is at home.
Before we continue, you must verify your smtp parameters with telnet for instance : [[:smtp_telnet]]
===== The mail scheduler configuration windows =====
The smtp parameters must be fill in the Mail tab of the scheduler configuration windows :
* open the [[dat:obiee:bi_server:oracle_bi_administration_tool|administration tool]]
* in the menu : Manage / Job
* the job Manager open
* then Menu / file configuration option / Mail
Enter your parameters. Save them and restart the Oracle BI Scheduler Service.
===== Setting you email in your account =====
In Oracle BI Presentation Service, click on the link Setting and select my account
In the device part, click on the link “Add Email Device” and enter your email.
===== The result =====
Create then an Ibot :
* choose minimum “Me” as recipient (recipients tab)
* select in the destination tab “Email”.
I have scheduled the [[dat/obiee/presentation_service/obiee_period_to_period_lag_lead_function|period to period comparison lag report]] with an excel attachment.
===== Support =====
If you have a problem, you can find the log in the directory :
You have two types of files :
* the log file with a log extension
* the error file with a err extension
You can find the reason of a failure as :
+++ ThreadID: c80 : 2009-04-26 14:34:04.125
[nQSError: 75005] Failed to send AUTH command. 5.7.0 authentication failed