PowerCenter - Source
Table of Contents
1 - About
A Source is :
that provide source data.
PowerCenter accesses the following sources:
- Relational. Oracle, Sybase ASE, Informix, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, and Teradata.
- File. Fixed and delimited flat file, COBOL file, XML file, and web log.
- Mainframe. You can purchase PowerExchange to access source data from mainframe databases such as Adabas, Datacom, IBM DB2 OS/390, IBM DB2 OS/400, IDMS, IDMS-X, IMS, and VSAM.
- Other. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and external web services.
2 - Articles Related
3 - Source Qualifier
Every mapping requires at least one of the following source qualifiers that determines how the Integration Service reads the source data:
- Source Qualifier transformation. Represents data read from relational and flat file sources.
- Normalizer transformation. Represents data read from COBOL sources.
- Application Source Qualifier transformation. Represents data read from application sources.
- Application Multi-Group Source Qualifier transformation. Represents data read from multi-group application sources.
- XML Source Qualifier transformation. Represents data read from XML sources.
4 - Type of source
4.1 - Application
You can purchase additional PowerCenter Connect products to access business sources such as:
- IBM MQSeries,
- IBM DB2 OLAP Server,
- Microsoft Message Queue,
- SAP NetWeaver,
- and Salesforce.com