Powercenter - Sap BW service
Table of Contents
1 - About
The SAP BW Service is an application service and extracts data from and loads data to SAP BW.
The SAP BW Service is an application service that listens for RFC requests from SAP BW and initiates workflows to extract from or load to SAP BW.
2 - Articles Related
3 - In administration console
When you select an SAP BW Service in the Navigator of the administration console, the right pane displays the following information:
- Service and service process status. View the status of the service and the service process.
- Properties tab. Manage general properties and node assignments.
- Associated Integration Service tab. View or modify the Integration Service associated with the SAP BW Service.
- Processes tab. View or modify the directory of the BWParam parameter file.
- Permissions tab. View or modify user permission on the SAP BW Service.
- Logs tab. View log events for the service. When you click the SAP BW Service Logs tab, the Log Viewer displays SAP BW Service log events for the last hour.
4 - PowerExchange for SAP NetWeaver BI Connections
You can configure the following types of connection objects to connect to SAP NetWeaver BI:
- SAP BW OHS application connection to connect to SAP NetWeaver BI sources.
- SAP BW application connection to connect to SAP NetWeaver BI targets.
5 - Documentation / Reference
- PC_861_AdministratorGuide.pdf (p41)
- PC_861_AdministratorGuide.pdf - Creating and Configuring the SAP BW Service - Chapter 15 - page 245
- PC_861_WorkflowBasicsGuide.pdf - PowerExchange for SAP NetWeaver Connections - Page 131 - Chapter 8
- PC_861_WorkflowBasicsGuide.pdf - PowerExchange for SAP NetWeaver BI Connections - Page 148 - Chapter 8