PowerCenter - Data Analyzer
1 - About
PowerCenter Data Analyzer is a data access tool and provides a framework to perform business analytics on corporate data.
With Data Analyzer, you can :
- and analyze corporate information
from data stored in :
- a data warehouse,
- operational data store,
- or other data storage models.
Data Analyzer uses a web browser interface to view and analyze business information at any level.
Data Analyzer extracts, filters, and presents information in easy-to-understand reports. You can use Data Analyzer to design, develop, and deploy reports and set up dashboards and alerts to provide the latest information to users at the time and in the manner most useful to them.
Data Analyzer has a repository that stores metadata to track information about enterprise metrics, reports, and report delivery. Once an administrator installs Data Analyzer, users can connect to it from any computer that has a web browser and access to the Data Analyzer host.
Data Analyzer can access information from databases, web services, or XML documents. You can set up reports to analyze information from multiple data sources. You can also set up reports to analyze real-time data from message streams.
If you have a PowerCenter data warehouse, Data Analyzer can read and import information regarding the PowerCenter data warehouse directly from the PowerCenter repository.
Data Analyzer provides a PowerCenter Integration utility that notifies Data Analyzer when a PowerCenter session completes.
You can set up reports in Data Analyzer to run when a PowerCenter session completes.
Data Analyzer reports display enterprise data from relational or XML sources as metrics and attributes. Dashboards provide access to enterprise data.
2 - Articles Related
3 - Data Analyzer Components
In Data Analyzer, you can read data from a data source, create reports, and view the results on a web browser. Data Analyzer contains the following components:
- Data Analyzer repository. The Data Analyzer repository stores the metadata about objects and processes that it requires to handle user requests. The metadata includes information about schemas, user profiles, personalization, reports and report delivery, and other objects and processes. You can use the metadata in the repository to create reports based on schemas without accessing the data warehouse directly. Data Analyzer connects to the repository through Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) drivers. The Data Analyzer repository is separate from the PowerCenter repository.
- Application server. Data Analyzer uses a third-party Java Web - Application (Server|Container) to manage processes. The Java application server provides services such as database access and server load balancing to Data Analyzer. The Java application server also provides an environment that uses Java technology to manage application, network, and system resources.
- Web server. Data Analyzer uses an HTTP server to fetch and transmit Data Analyzer pages to web browsers.
- Data source. For analytic and operational schemas, Data Analyzer reads data from a relational database. It connects to the database through JDBC drivers. For hierarchical schemas, Data Analyzer reads data from an XML document. The XML document may reside on a web server or be generated by a web service operation. Data Analyzer connects to the XML document or web service through an HTTP connection.