Customer - Churn Analysis (Customer retention)
1 - About
- from a online store: When a customer stops buying from a business
- for a service company: rupture of contract
Churn is typically rare but quite costly
In a churn model:
- The highest customers are the reliable customers.
- The lowest customers are unlikely to come back.
- The customers around 50% probability are at risk of churning,
2 - Articles Related
3 - Usage
- marketing campaigns (targeted to gain back the customers with a churn risk)
- order fulfillment prioritization,
- customer support.
4 - Documentation / Reference
- Churn Analysis as outlier detection (e.g. Mamitsuka and Abe ’00).