Data Warehousing - Glossary
Table of Contents
1 - PIT: Point In Time.
You can have several different PIT report. Stock, status, state of an order for one defined date…
2 - Data Warehouse / Data Marts
- data warehouses : e.g., comprehensive, enterprise-wide, etc.
- data marts : e.g., subject-or application-specific
3 - Source dependent/independent
- SDE : source dependent executions
- SIL : source independent loads
4 - EDW
- enterprise data warehouse
The EDW should be structured based on the subject areas in your Enterprise Data Model.