Table - Physical Data Structure
1 - About
The different way, structure that exists to saved tabular data on (disk|memory).
2 - Storage
Columnar format are generally slower to write than non-columnar file formats.
2.1 - Columnar
- Table - Parquet Format (On Disk) (On Disk)
2.2 - Row
3 - On Disk and in Memory
Different trade offs
- On disk: Storage.
- Accessed by multiple queries.
- Priority to I/O reduction (but still needs good CPU throughput).
- Mostly Streaming access.
- In memory: Transient.
- Specific to one query execution.
- Priority to CPU throughput (but still needs good I/O).
- Streaming and Random access.