OBIEE 10G/11G - Deployment (Release Promotion) - From Dev, Test to Production
Table of Contents
1 - About
How to perform a deployment or an environment migration in OBIEE ?
In Progress. It's actually much more a collection of link.
2 - Articles Related
3 - Prerequisites
- The agent, job that are dependent must be listed because they may miss their start date.
Example for the OBIEE agent
SELECT job.job_id , job.name , job.next_runtime_ts , job.last_runtime_ts , last_run.status_desc || ' (' || last_run.status || ')' AS last_status , last_run.exit_code AS last_exit_code , para.obiee_path FROM s_nq_job job ,( SELECT job_id , job_param AS obiee_path FROM s_nq_job_param WHERE relative_order = 1 ) para ,( SELECT * FROM ( SELECT ROW_NUMBER( ) OVER( partition BY job_id ORDER BY instance_id DESC ) AS n , job_id , instance_id , STATUS , CASE STATUS WHEN 0 THEN 'Completed' WHEN 1 THEN 'Running' WHEN 2 THEN 'Failed' WHEN 3 THEN 'Canceld' WHEN 4 THEN 'Timeout' ELSE 'Unknown Status' END AS status_desc , begin_ts , end_ts , exit_code FROM s_nq_instance ) WHERE n = 1 ) last_run WHERE job.job_id = para.job_id (+) AND job.job_id = last_run.job_id (+) AND next_runtime_ts >= sysdate - 1 ORDER BY next_runtime_ts;
4 - Version Specific
4.1 - 10G
4.1.1 - WebCatalog Copy
4.1.2 - Webcat: Built-in system wide default formats
OBIEE 10g: Formatting not Copied when You Copy the Catalog There is no catalog migration of the system formats.
The Built-in system wide default formats are not copied during catalog migration as they are not exposed via the Catalog Manager. In general these defaults are saved internally in the Web Catalog, but not exposed in the Catalog Manager.
The following actions may be try between the two environments:
- copy the folder /system/metadata from source to destination via the Catalog Manager.
In the source destination, you must:
- first take the ownership of the metadata folder and of all files.
- Gives you the “Full Control” permission on all object
- and then copy the complete metadata folder
- of copy the contents under web\catalog\<SubjectAreaName>\root\system\metadata from the source Catalog to the target catalog.
- Note that the Catalog Manager 10.1.3.4 cmd line version allows specifiying multiple paths, and thus an archive with /system/metadata/<item needed> can be created
- The file root > system > metadata > _datatype_formats contains the system wide default for data type.