Reporting and Data Access Tools
Table of Contents
1 - About
Reporting is the action of listing detail, summary data or computed information.
2 - Articles Related
3 - Dashboard, Entreprise Performance Management
- Cognos BI Serie 7
4 - Pixel Perfect Report
5 - Reporting scenarios
Common reporting scenarios that can be found in many organizations include:
- Scheduled delivery of standard reports. BI developers create a set of standard business reports that business users receive by email or delivery to a file share on a regular basis.
- On-demand access to standard reports. Business users consume reports on-demand by browsing to an online report repository.
- Dashboards. Reports are integrated into an application or portal to provide contextualized business information at a glance.
- Custom reports. Business users request specific reports from the IT department, and BI developer creates the reports to order.
- Self-service reporting/Ad-hoc query. Business users can use report authoring tools to create their own reports, often based on data sources and datasets that have been published by the IT department.
6 - Report Consumption
Typically, reports are consumed in one of the following three ways.
- Online – users view the report in a web browser.
- As a document in an application – Users open the report in an application
- Printed – Users print the report and view it in hard copy.
7 - Sheet
- Google Doc Gadget : Panorama Pivot Tables for Google Spreadsheet