Code Shipping - (Package|Module|Library)
1 - About
(Module|Library|Package|Component) are several source scripts (compiled or not) bundled together as a mean to:
- group code into reusable software component
Module encapsulate reusable solutions to common problems.
Package are also just a way to group source file (generally, it's a directory path).
A module is a discrete unit of functionality which you can compile, run, test and debug independently.
A module depends on other module that are called dependency.
Telling a programmer there's already a library to do X is like telling a songwriter there's already a song about love. Peter Cordel
Module increase efficiency and demonstrate the utility of higher-order programming.
A component is:
- a runtime definition; it can run completely on it’s own
- contains all dependencies
2 - Articles Related
3 - Properties
- A single control version repository for all source
- The repository must be deployable in a Docker Image
docker build .
- All build configuration must be stored in the repo