Language - Machine
Table of Contents
1 - About
Machine language is the binary format for instructions that can be stored in memory and decoded by the CPU.
Machine language is a language of generation 1.
2 - Articles Related
3 - The common case
- Fixed-sized (32-bit) instructions
- Only 3 instruction formats
- Limited-sized immediate field
3.1 - MIPS
- MIPS machine language is designed to be easy to decode.
- Each MIPS instruction is the same length, 32bits
- There are only three different instruction formats, which are very similar to each other.
mips instruction set is:
- used by nec, Nintendo, Silicon Graphics, and Sony
- designed since the early 1980s
4 - Documentation / Reference
- The hierarchy language picture is from Organization of Computer Systems: ISA, Machine Language, and Number Systems - Instructor: M.S. Schmalz