|Operating System Group||UNIX User Group||Windows User Group|
To make a user an administrative user simply:
- Ensure there is a line in the Oracle Database - SQLNET.ORA file which reads:
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS)
- Create a LOCAL user
- Create a local NT group ORA_DBA or ORA_sid_DBA where 'sid' is in upper case
- Add the user to the ORA_DBA or ORA_sid_DBA group
- Check for registry variable called LOCAL in the 9.2 Oracle Home Key in the registry. If this is set, unset the registry variable.
That user should now be able to “connect / as sysdba”
If the check requirements are not met, you receive an ORA-01031 error.
C:\Documents and Settings\gerardnico>sqlplus / as sysdba SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on Tue Jun 9 14:28:12 2009 Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle. All Rights Reserved. ERROR: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
- WIN: OS Authentication - CONNECT AS SYSDBA Without a Password (Note : 77665.1)
- Come from Metalink : Note:50507.1